Documentum REST extension adding openapi documentation

Options

Hi all,

I am new to extending the documentum REST services. In the default DCTM REST war, there is an openapi/swagger documentation provided. Extending the services as the documentation explains, that openapi documentation is not automaticaly extended with the new services.

Does anyone have any pointers, or even better, an example, to add openapi / swagger documentation in the dctm rest extension war?

Kind Regards,

Karel Gentens

Tagged:

Comments

• The whole position of OpenText on the Documentum REST Swagger/OpenAPI documentation is unclear at this time. I have logged several tickets about bugs or improvements in the current OpenAPI spec. OT's response is invariably: “we are going to remove the Open API spec from the product shortly so ticket is obsolete”. And this even though they just recently switched the product from RADL to OpenAPI. Apparently, they are thinking of externalizing it, but who knows ?

Re-generating the documentation is another important topic but OT will probably not provide any help on it.

I tried to explain to them that OpenAPI is absolutely critical for a product such as REST, in particular in a cloud environment. Many customers requires that calls to any REST APIs have to go via an API Gateway (e.g. Axway, Azure API Gateway or whatever), and for this, it is absolutely mandatory to have an Open API Specification.

Anyway, the more customers push for this, the more likely they will do the right thing.

• For those who read this in the future… Since 23.2 the Swagger documentation is available in the SDK.

• 23.2 is experimental support we are still working on integrating it into our development and build in a way to ensure both api changes and swagger changes are reflected and 100% there.

We also plan to have developer.opentext.com updated with each release for Rest/Swagger and for SDK documentation. We are getting this into our build processes now so that each release will be an automatic push.

I have created a story on our backlog to account for override/create of services and update of swagger documentation for developers. If you want to open a feature request with support, you can have support link the request to our internal Jira, DTWO-104859.

• That's good news!

By the way, Open API was available in the SDK since version 21.2 at least.