How to work with dynamic workflows through the REST API?

Options

Hello.

I am working on a Javascript application that will interface with AppWorks Entities through Entity Rest Services. A big component of this application will be the new dynamic workflows. I see that when added to an entity, some endpoints are exposed like terminating, adding steps/tasks, etc. I also see that a get call on an entity has a follow link for starting the workflow. However, I can't find any documentation in the Entity Rest Development Guide explaining how something like StartWorkflow is used. It doesn't seem to be a simple POST to the endpoint as I would have to provide information about which template to use and so on. Is this documented somewhere?

Another thing I want to be able to do is to retrieve the workflow template itself and display this to the user. I see that in the entity modeling user interface when someone hits the "start workflow" button they're able to adjust the template before actually starting it. I would like to be able to do this in my application as well, however, the endpoints exposed on the OpenTextEntityWorkflowTemplateComponents Swagger API don't seem to offer any of this capability. The GET call for a template returns its name and description but no information about the defined steps and tasks within. Is there any way to get and edit this information from the REST API to simulate what you can do on the Entity Modeling UI?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• HI Kaloyan,

We have limited set of APIs on dynamic workflow. More APIs will be added in future releases , based on requirements.

As of now we have APIs on task actions and APIs to add steps and tasks.

Regards

Sunil

• nking
    Options

I would be interested to know more about your use case for this. Are you accessing AppWorks through your own UI, and want to provide your own UI for editing / starting a dynamic workflow ?