Documentum Centera (CAS) Configuration options (16.4 or 22.4)

Options

Looking for more information on some of the options that can be specfied in the Storage parameters for a CAS store.

In the documentum administrator manual there is one page where it implies that are options that than be set and then it gives examples of 2 or 3 parameters. We know of one other one read_ahead_size but there is no documentation.

OpenText is insisting that these options are from the CAS SDk, but read_ahead_size is not a value in the SDK, infact that seems to control the amount of data buffered in a FPStream_CreateBufferForOutput, where the value is a factor of 63000. Another option mentioned in the DA manual is clip_buffer_size. This translates to teh CAS SDK option of ClipBufferSize. So there is something doing some translation.

When I brought this up with OpenText I was told it was the "centera team" Or Dell potentially. As It is unclear who owns the Centera CAS SDK now.

Delving futher in I looked at teh CESC Plugin for a CA store. And found it referencing an emcplugin.dll. And wouldn't you know, inside this DLL (for windows), I found a list of config strings, including my read_ahead_size.

Does anyone know where this dll and it's options are documented? AS it seems this should be "owned" by opentext - as it's internal version number matches the documentum version. It is also mentioned as part of the csec_plugin.ebs which installs this dll and two others into documentum.

Tagged: