Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Foreign Key crashes Datadeploy problem
System
Does this problem sound familier to anyone ?
We hav a database which has several tables that contain two foreign keys used for a many to many mapping e.g DocumentID and LinkID maps links and Documents to each other.
The problem is, if I don't make these explicitly foreign keys in the database then when I run iwsyncdb.ipl it complains of the lack of foreign keys.
If I add these foriegn keys explicitly in the DB and then use the DD admin to regenerate the dbschema files it crashes with a ddui error and I have to reboot the machine.
Must I add the foreign keys and then change the dbschemas by hand ?
cheers
/Nick
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
can you post your config file and the log output or send them through private email?
Migrateduser
Thanks, but I solved this by just having one relationship defined in the DB.
i.e
the Table that related the Document tbale and the LInk table
- relDoucmentLInk has two ID's namely DoucmentID and LInkID which allows the many to many mapping of doucments and LInks. However I set only DoucmentID as a foreign Link.
This keeps both ddgen and iwsyncdb happy.