Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
vector eps to jpg?
Bill Klish
MediaBin 4.6.2 Patch 1
Windows 2003 EE
SQL Server 2005 SP3
I am trying to create a retrieval task that I can use to download JPEG versions of logos that are vector EPS files. I created a retrieval task with the following primitives:
vector eps decoder
color converter
image size
jpeg encoder
Within the mb client task editor, if I open an eps file and run the task, it works fine and produces the correctly sized JPEG file. If I try to select the same eps file in the mb repository and try to "Get" the asset, the retrieval task does not show up for me to even select it.
Is this not possible?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
The problem is the presence of the Vector EPS Decoder in the task. MediaBin assumes that any task with an explicit decoder is meant for insertions. Retrieval tasks automatically prepend the appropriate decoder.
If you simply delete this primitive you should be fine, but you can get more control over the process if you add an EPS Rip primitive. The Vector EPS decoder rips to default dimensions whereas the rip allows you to specify whatever dimensions (and colorspace) you would like.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd