java.io.FileNotFoundException iwauthend( Text file busy)

Options

Hello Experts,

Here I am once again with another issue.

I am trying to upgrade TS 16.6.1.4 to 22.4.2 on RHEL 7.9.

Installation going smooth till 31% but at 32% I get the below error:

ERROR | 2023-10-19 16:44:01 | [installer] ia.Driver (Driver.java:780) - Failed to unpack component TeamSite from package /u01/app/TS-22.4.2/IWOVTeamSite-Linux-22.4.2.0-64bit.iwpkg.
com.interwoven.wcm.install.util.InstallException: Failed to unpack component TeamSite from package /u01/app/TS-22.4.2/IWOVTeamSite-Linux-22.4.2.0-64bit.iwpkg.

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /u01/app/iw-home/TeamSite/bin/iwauthend (Text file busy)

Anyone came across with this before?

P.S - Raised a ticket with support but as usual its taking ages to get the solution from them.

TIA

Niraj

Answers

• Hi Niraj,

This error means that the authentication daemon service is still running. Both it and TS should be stopped at this point. Assuming that the installer is still running and hung, cd to TeamSite/private/bin and run this as root:

./iwauthdstop

Check the installer to see if it continues. You may have to restart it.

Dan

• Talk to the Administration group. Sometimes there is a process that will restart processes that stop. I have had that happen more than once on upgrades. Really messes things up.

• Thanks Dan!

After running ./iwauthdstop, I am not getting iwauthend (Text file busy) error anymore but I got "java.io.FileNotFoundException: /u01/app/iw-home/TeamSite/bin/iwproxy (Text file busy)". So killed iwproxy and ran the installation again and now I have very weird error:

Executing Command : iwgetlocation

panelsupport.PrerequisiteCheckSupport (PrerequisiteCheckSupport.java:243) - Failed to get required values for checking disk space

panels.CheckMetadata (CheckMetadata.java:180) -
    com.interwoven.wcm.install.util.InstallException: Unable to install due to lack of disk space.cd

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong? Am I missing any shared libraries?

• Niraj,

I found your support case. Let me take a look at the logs and reply there.

Dan

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs