Issue with Content Transfer

Options

Hi,

My company is using Opentext Documentum 1.0.8. We recently move from Oracle to OpenJDK. However I have 2 machine that is encountering issue with Content Transfer. It is showing a blank screen instead of a loading progress bar. The rest of the machines are doing well except for this 2 machine. I have reinstalled the software and OpenJDK, but it is still not working. However when I load Oracle back to test, it works immediately.

Anyone knows what could be wrong or have a suggestion for diagnose? Thank you :)

Tagged:

Answers

• Documentum Version 1 was about 30 years ago so I guess we're missing some information here.

What client are you using and it's version (most likely to be found in the About screen)?

• Hi Franky,

You mean this?

• Hi @SK Low

The version of the browser helper object is not related to the version of Documentum deployed. The version of Documentum you are using should be more like 23.2 or 22.4, etc. There are some versions of OpenJDK that had issues if I remember correctly. So please check the release notes for the version of Webtop you are using (Webtop is in sustain only mode so you likely wil have webtop version 16.x.x I believe.

If you are using an older version of Webtop that had a plugin that depended on browser plugin java, only the Oracle version had that (if I remember correctly) so you may have to update your version of webtop so that OpenJDK can be used. It should be in the release notes/install/admin for webtop for the details for your specific version.

• You can get the whole versions in the File → About in Webtop itself….