Documentum Server upgrade with CS-Docker-Compose_Seamless.yml

Options

I've been running Documentum Server 23.2 with Docker using the provided CS-Docker-Compose_Stateless.yml file. Now I would like to upgrade to 23.4 and I'm not clear how to proceed. There is another file called CS-Docker-Compose_Seamless.yml and I'm not sure if and how I should use it. From what I can see, both files are almost identical and I don't see what CS-Docker-Compose_Seamless.yml would do any differently. Is it ok to just replace the docker image tag with 23.4 in my stateless compose file and update my deployment?

I've read and reread the "Documentum System Upgrade and Migration Guide" and the "Documentum Platform and Platform Extensions CE 23.2 - Cloud Deployment Guide" but it's uncomprehensible. The README.txt provided with the Docker compose files is not much clearer.

Tagged:

Answers

• JCHall
    Options

Hicham, Have you had any luck with this?

I'm trying to run the Documentum Server 23.4 install but I can't get it to work. Have you got any tips?

I'm using Windows 11 and have installed docker, downloaded the postgres/dctm-server images, configured the .yml file (although probably wrongly) and then tried to run the install using:

docker-compose -f CS-Docker-Compose_Stateless.yml up -d

However nothing seems to happen. Thanks a lot!

• JCHall
    Options

It looks like a database connection issue. I've checked within /opt/dctm_docker/logs and can see the following:
    [dmadmin@dctm-23 logs]$ tail dctm-23.4-cs.log
    Pinging 127.0.0.1:5432. Not successful. Retrying...

I've set [DATABASE_HOST=127.0.0.1] within the CS-Docker-Compose_Stateless.yml

• JCHall
    Options

I think i've fixed the issue. The IP of the DB was wrong in the YML file. Thanks anyway

• Good for you! By the way, next time, it's better if you post a new question as this thread is about upgrade and yours isn't.

I have opened a ticket with OT support and waiting on a clarification.

Hicham