Hi All,
Could you please let me know how to add a new column in the already existing registered table using DQL Query.
CS Version: 20.2
Thanks,
Srihari S
You don't do this via DQL. You must add the column using the SQL statement ALTER TABLE. You can do this directly in the database. Alternatively, you can use iapi and the execsql statement. You don't need to update the registered table definition, as Documentum doesn't check whether a particular columns exists : it just passes the query to the database for execution.
Hi Hicham Bhai,
Thanks for your response. Could you please provide me the exec sql query to add new column in the register table. I couldn't find it anywhere.
Srihari Reddy
Hi @Srihari Reddy S
You should be able to google and find how to alter a table for the underlying database.
Also, when registering tables, you really do not have to full describe the table UNLESS you need to do some data type conversion/mapping. For the most part just registering a table (memory is a little bad at the moment) with one column, you can still use the other columns or add columns after the fact. I think the ONLY time I had to truly register a table and define the column was when I used (perhaps) and XML or SQL pack statement in a view so I could define it as string and it would understand. For typical table create/register it mostly just works without much intervention.
You should find quite a bit of Documentum registered table examples out on internet but if not, please do post back here and we will try to get you some clarification.