Unhide the folder

Options

Hi,

What is the process for unhiding the folder from Documentum if I have the r_object_id of it?

Comments

• Well, that would depend how it's hidden.

If it's hidden using an ACL depending on the user's group, then you'd need to change the ACL's definition OR the permissions on this specific object for the users that would need to see it

If it's hidden using the a_is_hidden attribute, then you need to reset it to 0

and at last, if it's hidden because it's private and only its owner can see it, then you need to reset the is_private attribute to 0 (for cabinets only

Or something like that

NOTE that if you can't see it, most likely you won;t be able to modify it, you'll need to be an admin to modify it….

• Hi Francois,

I have reset the a_is_hidden  value to 0. Now it's visible in DA. But folder name is showing in double quote(""001010000353"").

• How did you change it?

• I have change it though Sql query.

• Here you go. Using SQL is all nice and stuff but that screws up the Documentum cache most of the time.

Next time, use DQL or API.

There is a lot of chances that if you restart your app server, then the object_name will be displayed properly.

I cannot insist enough: do not use SQL to modify Documentum objects metadata. Documentum provides enough tools to do it properly.

• I have restarted the app server but still getting the same double quote in folder.

• Then restart the content server services, that will reset any cache

• Already restarted the content server services.

• Thinking out loud here….

Just in case: You see the folder's object ID in the browser but what of its properties screen? Maybe you could try to modify its name there, save it and then do it again to give it back its original name.

Also, if it's a D2 controlled environment environment and you have some naming rules on folders, you might want to try to run the D2 Core job, setting the arguments to affect only this folder, lest it messes something else up

• What was the update query you used. If it only updated the is_hidden value, can't imaging that caused the cached object name to get out of whack. If you go into DA and use iapi to dump the object, what shows?

Also, if it does display correctly in a dump (I would be surprised, for the quoted value to display, generally something had to put that in cache meaning it had to exist at the time).

You should be able to force a cache update you could try to edit the properties of it and save it (some insignificant modification). Definitely shy away and be afraid of direct SQL updates, it requires a VERY deep knowledge of Documentum and even those with years of experience run from it as much as possible (though it does have "some" advanced uses that are possible). But is advised again in the manner of sure, you can survive jumping from a bridge, but the risk is not worth it (unless being chased by a rabid puma).

• @Francois Dauberlieu

Sorry, clicked a link to respond and did not see notice your answer giving some of the same advice to update the name, save it. Sorry about that.