A response from a support ticket (opened because of deployment failures when we have a file larger the 40mb and/or a number of files exceeding about 800 in a single deployment) suggests that I add the entry pathRegistryChecking="yes" to the listenerProperties section of my odrcvr.xml files. I am reading about Enabling Concurrency Management (od.611.admin.pdf - pg 161) trying to see if this suggestion makes sense.I'm afraid I don't fully understand what is meant by "Mulit-definition deployments" or "multi-path definitions."Can someone help me understand these phrases? I do not find reference to them in other manuals. I'm also not entirely clear why this suggestion was made considering the subject of my submitted support ticket.Thank you.
Are you doing transactional deployments?If so - the pathRegistryChecking solution makes sense because of the way OD performs transactional deployments by creating .iwold and .iwnew directories (as well as files) - as this option will cause the receiver to serialize the deployments which, if they are very large, could account for problems occurring at the end of one deployment if another deployment to the same path area was occurring concurrently.If you are not using transactional deployments, the solution provided to you doesn't make much sense (to me).As for your question about the phrasing "multi-definition" and "multi-path" - the answer is in the text itself:[indent]...Concurrency management addresses potential conflicts and collisions resulting from simultaneous receipt of like-named files deployed into the same target file location. These problems can occur under the following situations:Multi-definition deployments [color=purple]where the definitions share colliding target directories. (across-parallel-legs)Multi-path definitions where the source-target pairs share colliding target directories (within a leg)Multiple independent deployments that each have a definition with colliding target directories....[/color][/indent]