So anything new with TS 7.0?
So is this Beta ? The only thing on the site said email support to see if they will let you download.
Has anyone actually installed TS 7.0? Inital reviews? I've been waiting on my links from the product team for almost a week.
No reply for my request either
No reply for me either. I put my request in a week ago from monday, got an email that same day saying i'd be contacted by someone from the "product management team" and "soon". I replied back yesterday asking what the status was and have not heard back since. I also asked our sales rep and she said she'd check into it. Right now I'm considering it vaporware and that they probably are just trying to raise some buzz for themselves.
Well at least we're on common ground. Maybe the download offer was just a ploy to make the release date before end of Q3.
Has anyone heard back about the teamsite 7.0 release yet?
It's in "early adopter program" mode. Only Autonomy engineers are installing it to certain customers. We are having some small issues with the installer and configuring it to run with SQL 2008. All these install/config notes go back up to Autonomy engineers to make the install process better for the final release.So a general DL may not be available for a while.
What they should do is have set up a VM that they can put on a DVD, with everything preinstalled (and a 60 day license) and let people load some content/customizations on to it. That would work for Linux/DOS and you should be able to do something similar for Solaris.
A DVD or DL of a VM installation would be of no use to Interwoven and ultimately us as they are using "early adopters" to flush out the product/process/documentation. So what they "should" do is continue what they are doing and NOT switch gears into a method that would yield them zero feedback about installation and configuration issues.
Also I've been tempted to file a case as well on the release notes issue. I have a couple bugs logged and was given a bug id so I could track it in the release notes...well, kind of pointless now since the release notes no longer contain that id. Seems like taking a few steps back.