Hi,
Am facing an issue with VFE editor. Probably most of the experts would have faced this while using the VFE.
Useful tags get cleaned up!!!!

The issue is something like this:
Our customer has all press videos hosted in an external site and embeds those videos in TeamSite template using the VFE field. The external site provides the embed code (Like what you get when you view a video in Youtube. YOu can embed them whereever you want). The issue is the code provided by the provider has a tag like this:
Attachment: tag_original.txt
This gets cleaned up by VFE to
Attachment: tag_messedup_by_vfe.txt
This happens when I swap between HTML and WYSIWYG mode. But I cant stop my customers from doing it, as they use the HTML also heavily. So that option is ruled out. I dont want this to happen.
Things tried:
1. in VFE Config XML file:
reducetags="false", mswordfilter="false", hideobject="false", autoclean="false".
2. Ektron developers site -> nothing substantial. Although I should admit that I have not done a through analysis.
Nothing seemed to resolve the issue.
So
Question 1:Can I have VFE ignore this (object, embed and param tags with all their attributes) ? Or is this something done by IE since VFE is I guess is a contenteditable DIV tag?
Question 2:If this is Done by IE, How can I solve that?
Got fedup finally and tried to massage the code which VFE coverts the original code in to (So that I can suggest this as a workaroung for the customers, until I find a solution). So what I did is, passed the flash vars as URL query string to the flash file in one of the param tag's movie and src attributes. That seemed to work the magic. But VFE becomes so slow that, I am forced to close IE.
Question 3So does this mean that when ever I embed flash, it does not go well on VFE?
The work aroung I am left with:
Create a custom button on VFE which pops a form with one text field. User inputs the code from the provider in to it. Then I, in the ewebeditproevents.js massage it so that VFE does not mess it up. But here again I am left with the issue of IE slowing up. Eitherways this is NOT a SOLUTION. This is just a workaround. I am looking for solution for this. Like disabling VFE processing the object, param and embed tag. i.e. making VFE ignore these.
Please help.
Cheers!