Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Do some people not have access to IW Support?
System
I am curious about something after seeing some threads appear where the OP is having trouble installing something (getting errors) or is just not sure how to do something. Could be anything really. And no one answers. So they keep posting here for help again and again, desperately. Sometimes for days with no answers.
I am wondering if not all "developers" or "consultants" have access to IW Support, through their clients or their own firm? Why would that be? If you are working on a project, either directly or indirectly, why would someone not have access to IW Support? I understand there are different levels of support that companies can buy that allow few or many people to have access to open cases. But I would think the people installing servers and apps would be the ones you'd want to have that access.
I have only worked for companies that have plenty of access to IW Support, so maybe I've just been lucky.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jamik
My guess would be that those people work for an outsourcing company and the outsourcing company does not have a support agreement with AI, and either they can't get access to IW support through the company the outsourcing firm is contracted with or they don't want to admit to their clients that they don't have a support agreement with AI.
That's just my guess, and I've been wondering if that's the case due to the kinds of posts that have been generated on these forums the last few months. Not only the installation problems but the very basic "How do I" questions that get posted about things that are easily covered in the manuals. The manuals that you need an IW Support account to access.
Migrateduser
That's a very good point. I hadn't thought of that. I guess you could even go further and wonder if perhaps some of these offshore consultant firms don't want to ask their clients for IW Support access because that would maybe expose a weakness in an area they claimed they were experts in to their clients.