Environment is Solaris 10, TS 6.7.1, Search 2.1.0
When TS and Search are installed on separate servers (as recommended by IW) the in-built search functionality works just fine. However when there is a requirement to initiate a query from with-in a script (Perl), what is the best way to include the query in the script?
In cases where TS and Search ARE installed on the same server, some developers use the Search CLTs to include queries in their scripts. This doesn't work in the 2-server case as there is no way to have the CLT execute on the Search server. The TS 6.7 Admin Guide says the ContentServices API is an alternative to the CLTs but I can't find any documentation on the API.
Will the CS API work in a 2-server configuration? I'd like to have some idea whether this is the way to proceed before I invest too much time tracking down the API documentation.
Thanks,
David
David S. Taylor
Project Manager, Structured Information
Institute for Research in Construction
National Research Council Canada
Bldg. M-23A, Room 239
1200 Montreal Road, Ottawa, ON K1A 0R6
Tel: +1.613.990.2731
Fax: +1.613.952.4040
Email: David.S.Taylornrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Web:
www.irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca