Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem withTinyMCE
saurabh4984
Hi,
We are facing an intermittent erratic behavior of TinyMCE. I have tinyMCE enabled for a particular field but it appears as a normal text without tinymce configuration.
This is happening only in few of the DCTs.
However, When I copy one of the field from a dct where the tinymce configuration is working alright, all the fields which were not showing the tinymce configuration start showing up as desired. As soon as I remove the copied field, the tinymce configuration in the existing fields disappear and they appear as normal text field. This sounds a bit goofy but this is what is happening...
Please guide if I am doing anything wrong...
Thanks in anticipation.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Natasha
Post the DCT code snippet in whcih you are configuring TinyMCE for both the fields - one which is working correctly and the other one which doesn't show up the toolbar.
saurabh4984
The field for which the tinymce ain't working,
[html]
Long Description
<br>
[/html]
The code for which the tinymce is working.
[html]
Item
<br>
[/html]
Please let me know in case you figure out something, Thank you!
smallCaptionsChart.JPG
Natasha
The only thing which is likely to cause this behavior is "rows" attribute in the textrea element which is missing in the first configuration. Although I believe some default value should have been picked if nothing has been specified.
Try adding it and see if it works.
Thanks
Natasha.
Pawan
Did you copied the item from another DCT where it was VFE and not tinymce?
The attribute
external-editor-inline="t"
should only be used with VFE and not tinymce. try removing this attribute in both the DCT and check the behavior.
Please mention your TS version as well as browser used for this.