I have a custom script set up in the iwlocal.cfg configuration file which will execute a special program that will rewrite URLs in the html file on the submit event.
The submit is triggered via the Teamsite UI submit button. Ideally, I would prefer to run the replacement script when the user selects to Generate HTML from the SitePublisher menu, but I was unable to find any documentation on how to intercept this event and run my script. Can I customize processing when the user selects Generate HTML instead?
... I would prefer to run the replacement script when the user selects to Generate HTML from the SitePublisher menu ...
You are probably using the LiveSite Publish Content workflow (at least you should be using that). Does it pop up and ask about meta data?You can add a task to that workflow (before the first deployment) that runs an external task which can be your perl script.
It look like the only real option is to redesign the submit processing to use workflow
Thanks Nipper. You were right and I was using workflow. I have it mostly working ... I created an external task and then linked it into the workflow. I've confirmed that my external task is running when I submit (I can see the log created) but it doesn't look like the submit is happening after that because the file does not change in STAGING. ...Any ideas?