Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
List Locks doesn't work in branch/workarea
System
I'd like to know if anyone else is having a problem similar to the one we are having. We have a four workareas in a branch in which there are locked files. When we choose "List Locks" from the menu it doesn't return any results. If I run iwlistlocks.exe from the command line on these workareas or the branch they return nothing. The files are indeed locked and you can see some of them by choosing "List Modified" from the menu.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to fix this? We're running TS 5.01 SP1 (and planning an upgrade to TS 5.52 by end of year).
Sebouh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
This sounds like a bug, although a fast scan of the bug DB doesn't show anything like this.
You're sure your context (ie, the red dot in the navigation window) is inside the branch in question when you select View > List Locks?
Perhaps you should open a support case. There are other SPs available for 5.0.1--maybe one of them fixes this.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
Adam Stoller
What argument did you give to iwlistlocks ?
Try iwlistlocks /default/main and see what results you get (from the command line - not within a script - we can get to that later if it works from the command line)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
fish,
It returns nothing. I have opened a case with Interwoven and they suggest runing iwfsck to check the integrity of the backing store. I'm going to do that one night this week.
Sebouh
tvaughan
In the GUI, where are you running the "list locks" from? Try running it when your are looking at the "view of the branch" . . .in other words, the IW screen where it lists the various WORKAREAs in your branch on the right.
It's been my experience that if you are an editor or author and you use List Locks, it'll show you
your
locks, but that you need to go "up to the branch level" to see who-owns-what locks in your branch.
Tom
BillTSAdmin
I had the same problem with one of our 40+ branches. I actually created a new branch(exactly the same as the one that had problems, but with a different name ie BRANCH_2) then ran "compare any" to bring the files into the new branch and it started reporting locks again. I deleted the misreporting branch then renamed the new one to the original branchs name.
We had this issue even when i loged on as a master and was at the highest level in the branch.
Edited by BillTSAdmin on 11/21/02 08:08 AM (server time).
ProfessorX
Was there ever a resolve to this issue. I am experiencing the same problem
TS Version: 5.5.2.0 9275 20020617
The Professor-
Adam Stoller
Are you running it at the workarea level or the branch level?
If you run it at the workarea level it will only tell you about locks held in that workarea.
If you run it at the branch level it will tell you about locks held in all workareas on that branch.
(at least that's how it works for me)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
ProfessorX
Both...
I run it at the branch and workarea...
WA1 has locks on files locked by admin1... I log in as admin1 and navigate to WA1...I do a view >>> list locks and get >>>
No locked files in workarea "WA1"
Navigate up to the parent branch to view locked files in the branch
So I nav up to the parent branch and do the same and get >>>
There are no files locked.
The Professor-
Migrateduser
It sounds like you should contact IWOV support with all the information you have here.
lissa
sarre
Was there ever a fix to this issue?
We have the same problem (TeamSite Version: 5.0.1.0 4576 20011008) from time to time but I can't find any solution in IWOV Knowledge Base...
Regards/Lars-Olof