Are you sure that userD is neither the job owner or job initiator (either or both of these values can be hard-coded or derived automatically when the workflow is instantiated)?I ask, because historically the job owner (or initiator - I forget which) has the ability to usurp user-restrictions on tasks to move things along.Also - are you sure that userD is not a Master user - as Masters tend to have the ability to usurp user-restrictions also.If you are sure that neither of the above situations apply, and yet the behavior you are describing is repeatable - I would suggest opening a case with Support.
What role does User D have?What are the role entitlements for Workflow set as?
That should be irrelevant unless the user is a Master.
Except Bjorn is posting the same issue, passing the URL to the review task and anyone can approve. I do not know if this is the same issue or a different one. They certainly *sound* the same.
Why is the Role question irrelevant?There is a setting for each role:Permission OverridesAllow users to:Modify tasks and jobs that they do not own.View and modify files in workareas where they are not a member of the group for sharing. If an Author role has "Allow users to:Modify tasks and jobs that they do not own" On and "View All Jobs" entitlement then, they will be able to do what "rajivgupta"
Yes it does sound eerily similar, but I am not convinced that both these scenarios aren't just something silly either. I sort of doubt something like this has slipped through the cracks. Even for Interwoven that would be unusual...this is basic workflow behavior. But I have been wrong before. Once or twice.
So have you opened a support case about this? If so, are they looking at it? Have they responded? If not, why not?
You don't seem to be getting anywhere here, so pressing support (with your management's help perhaps) should light a fire under them. Do you work directly for the company you're working with or are you a contractor/consultant?
I can't figure out if you're trying to help or being pesky or both.
Use it or if you choose not to, don't complain about it.