Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite Preview of XML files
System
I am running Windows 2003 Sp2 with TS 6.7.2 SP2 and trying to configure any xml file to be able to be previewed and have the preview bar open.
I have configured the [iproxy_smartcontextedit_...] in the iw.cfg file, when I perform a browse to the xml file I get the download page with the vp bar, when I navigate to it in visiual preview and click on the file it opens the xml file but never pops the vp bar up to edit the file.
Can xml files have the vp bar on them?
I am running into this both on CCPRO and CCSTD.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I believe I have an answer to my issue and it is related to how the webserver views the content. Outside of creating a customized regex command this couldn't be accomplished. If anyone disagrees I would like to be educated..
Thanks
Adam Stoller
I think you're half-right - the problem is with how the browser renders code.
When previewing an HTML file - injecting the javascript code necessary to support the Visual Toolbar into the input stream is pretty easy.
When previewing something this is not HTML - you [usually] cannot inject javascript into the stream and thus cannot support the visual toolbar.
It's a somewhat gray area where viewing stuff like XML is concerned only because a number of browsers can detect the XML and inject their own HTML formatting of the code so that it appears "pretty" - but in terms of the ordering of events - I would guess that you would somehow have to capture the input stream
after
the browser has already inserted its HTML code,
before
TS tries to inject the javascript code. Unfortunately, I believe that the order of events is more like TS injecting javascript code and then the browser goes to interpret it - and since it is not longer (strictly speaking) XML code, it won't do it's "pretty" thing, and instead will basically say "I don't know what this is - but I'll let you download it if you want and then
you
can play around with it".
Of course that's mostly just an semi-educated guess - I could be completely wrong.