Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Default directories for generated docs
seeDerekNow
Is there any way to generate a dcr to a default directory?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Generate
a DCR? or
Save
a DCR? or generate a page
from
a DCR with a PT?
Through the GUI or via command line tools?
DCR's are normally
saved
, not
generated
- and the default directory is
.../
workarea
/templatedata/
category
/
data-type
/data/
For pages generated
from
a DCR - you can specify the root directory where they are
allowed
to be created (
templating.cfg
), but the dialog box / browser will always start at the top of the workarea and you will have to navigate down.
If you're talking about programmatic generation via scripts and command line tools - you have control over where DCRs are created (by creating an "empty" one in the location desired and then invoking the Edit DCR process on it), and where the generated page is created (by using tools like
iwgen
and/or
iwpt_compile.ipl
)
If the above didn't answer your question - perhaps you could provide a bit more context.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
seeDerekNow
I mean generating a document from a DCR to a default directory. By default, TS always starts at the root of the Workarea. This can be quite cumbersome if you want to generate content that resides several directories deep. One of Interwoven's TC's told me that it's possible to set a default directory for page generation through templating.cfg, but I don't see what entry would control that.
Derek
Adam Stoller
I just responded to your other thread on this - but because I'm too tired right now to just reference it ;-) ...
The templating.cfg setting is used for *validation* not *setting* the inital directory for saving. (I think I put it better in the other thread - but ...)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)