I cant find anything in the documentation - in devnet ive read that its not supported, when I try an example it doesnt error out but it doesnt delete the files from the FTP site?LIB: 2009-11-02 13:55:22 DEPLOYING - [Y:\default\main\OHE\ArgosyUniversity\WORKAREA\Content] to [\cmstest-qa]LIB: 2009-11-02 13:55:22 Filelist=[D:\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\FileLists\Std-Deletion-Workflow-1257188072585.txt]LIB: 2009-11-02 13:55:22 Delete [.\default_borked.aspx] [reason file_list] -- OKENG: 2009-11-02 13:55:22 EST GMT-05:00 Thread-42 After PRECOMMIT, res=0
I've never used the FTP Adaptor, so this is not necessarily 100% accurate, but since FTP itself does not (to the best of my recollection) support deletions, I don't think the Adaptor would do so either. With FTP sites, one usually has to handle deletions from the server-side file-system interface (e.g.: cd /ftp/pub/mumble/fratz; rm -f foo.html)
FTP as a Protocol does include a "delete" Command ( Format: delete [remote File] ).Although particular implementations differ it is normally present
one of our clients cant afford an OD license, and want to use the FTP adapter but it appears to provide no way to delete content from their ftp sites...i will contact support for a definite yes/no