Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
GetAttributeByID fails to get non-valid Matter value
robcom
I have a client moving to Elite PM who wishes to use an 'Elite Matter' format of CCCCCCC-MMMMM (e.g. 123456-0005) in the Custom2/Matter field. CCCCCC is the value of the the Client (Custom1) field.
To make life 'easier' for end users, they want users to enter a client value (123456) then tab and simply enter '5' for matter '123456-0005'. A piece of _OnChange code (below) should then convert the '5' value to '123456-0005'. (This code is the easy bit.)
The trouble I have is that I can not detect the '5' value typed into the Custom2 (nrMatter=26) field in the _OnChange event. I get a blank value, possibly because the '5' value failed validation and is therefore not available to be retrieved by the GetAttributeByID method.
The MsgBox in the test code below appears when I add '5' as a Matter as -
DB: iDeeds / C1: 123456 / M1:
I expected/want:
DB: iDeeds / C1: 123456 / M1: 5
******************************************************
CONST nrDatabase=0
CONST nrClient=25
CONST nrMatter=26
Sub NewProfileDlg_OnChange(dlg, nrID)
If nrID = nrMatter Then
Dim DB, C1, M1
DB = dlg.GetAttributeByID(nrDatabase)
C1 = dlg.GetAttributeByID(nrClient)
M1 = dlg.GetAttributeByID(nrMatter)
MsgBox ("DB: " & DB & " / C1: " & C1 & " / M1: " & M1)
End Sub
**********************************************
Any ideas how I might capture this interim '5' value so I can convert it?
PS: As the number is invalid, I am unable to click on OK, or trigger off any of those events.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet