Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Revising an asset and Modifying a set a set of metadata
deepujohn
Hi
I am working on writing a script to revise a set of assets with their water marked version(Water marking is done outside mediabin using Adobe scriots).The requirement is that I have to give a revision comment and also modify a set of metadata. When I tried revising the asset and modifying the metadata through the Mediabin UI I am finding that it creates two revisions. Would it be possible to have just one revison and still update the metadata. If not could anyone give me some idea to implement this requirement.
Thanks in advance
Deepu
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Deepu-
The only way that I know how to do this in one step is to use a task when you revise the asset that has a metadata adder with RTP (Run-Time Parameters). This isn't a completely flexible solution as you can't have a variable set of metadata fields being updated (you have to provide a value for each field in the metadata adder) but it gets the job done if you don't need to update a variable set of fields (i.e. field x, y and z this time, but only x and y next time).
You can build a "temporary" task and this gives you control over which fields to update, but I have found this to be quite difficult to do with RTP. It isn't impossible, just not very easy or straight-forward.
Good luck!
Matt
--
Matt Thesing
Rapid Software Solutions, LLC
deepujohn
Thanks Matt for the reply. My list of metadata keeps on changing.