Experts please advice.
This is getting old. Everytime someone asks a question, the answer is, "hire someone". If that is the answer, then please don't answer. Either you can suggest solutions/help in some way or just not reply.
This is getting old. Everytime someone asks a question, the answer is, "hire someone". If that is the answer, then please don't answer. Either you can suggest solutions/help in some way or just not reply.When experienced people, say such things once in a while, it makes people get up and be more vigilant and work harder, but when it is said almost all the time, then the forum stops being a learning place. It is a scary place where no one wants to post and be talked down to.Is the situation so bad that we need to always try to get hired/find projects from someone who needs just a little direction?
This question did not seem inane at all. The user was just asking if index pages etc need to be done manually, because teamsite has several places where things are not obvious.Btw I assumed we are here to share and discuss not to judge. Just a thought, would you have said the same thing to the person face to face?If a child is learning to ride the bike, and falls over and over again, how about the parents just telling them to go get a cab?I am also fairly new to teamsite, compared to you experts. So I went to the Interwoven Developer series. I can say that I did not learn much more than what I knew already. When I asked more questions, I was told to post on Devnet or contact Support. So what do you suggest? You want to go do each and every teamsite job there is in the world?
I can either continue to argue my case, or let it be and rest my case. I choose the do the latter, but with a closing statement.1. Not everyone starts working on teamsite, because they "bid" for the project. Sometimes they are just in the spot where they need to make things work.(been there , done that)2. Not everyone earns $90 per hour to do these tasks. The pay is sometimes as low as $10 an hour ( been there, done that)3. Sometimes reading the manual over and over again does not offer the simple straightforward answer that is required. ( been there, done that)4. Sometimes attending training does not give the answers required. ( been there, done that)5. Sometimes the job is in a country where the pressure is so high and the resources are limited. It is the higher powers that control funding, hiring, training, licenses etc. These are not the same people asking questions here at the forum.6. Being "kind" in addition to "goodness of the heart" makes one a bigger person. As they say "Silence can speak a thousand words".All this being said, I rest my case. Woof woof :-)