Hi All,Is TeamSite 7.0 deprecating the PERL language for custom coding and supporting Java instead? We are having workflow requirements which need to have custom logic.ThanksSanal
Thanks guys for your reply. Also, it will be great if you could point me to some documents which refer to APIs of Java used for custom programming.ThanksSanal
Personally, I've tended to find perldocs to be far more informative and useful than javadocs, but ...
Yeahbut....javadocs are much more handy if you happen to be coding in java. )
**** yes. And I still have my big ball from Interwoven to prove it! My coworkers make fun of my big ball all the time. Did you notice, while we're on the subject, that I've kicked Greg Zevin's **** in the post count list? I'm #4 and there's a bullseye on Boris' back. Although he annoyingly keeps trying to help people, so I'll need to be much more persistent with my "ditto" posts to catch up.Thank you for the opportunity to post this frivolous nonsense...
I suppose if I get hospitalized for a long time you guys might have a chance at catching up with me - but I don't see that happening any time soon ;-)
No problem, happy to do it. BTW, I hacked in an changed Bo's password, so he cannot post for a few days. so you have some of time to catch up.
Would be hard to let go of Perl.... You can get things done in 15 lines of perl or less and you'll need some 70 lines in java...
I thought so, too, but the Java API is pretty decent and you can do everything you can do in perl (so far). It's always challenging to change development languages, but I will say it makes the change a lot easier when the company you work for says "no perl - only java".Caveat...as per my usual rants on IW, the product documentation SUCKS for java development. Not that they had much documentation in the way of perl development, but still it would be nice if there were real world examples provided with lots of comments and pointers. You're kind of on your own when you start from nothing and decide to use Java instead of perl.
I want Jon **** back!!!!!!!
Amen brother.
And a Hellelujah!!! Does anyone know where he is now?
Last I heard, he and Brit Parks were working on a startup for yet-another-CMS system - but that was a while ago, so no - I'm not sure where he is now.
Kevin Cochrane's company is doing well, no?