Having not seen what steps you actually took, and how you actually performed them, it is difficult to say what you missed.Did you run iwfsck on the 65 store before you made the copy?You took care of permissions (iwts) - but did you create the copy of the 6.5 store with the server frozen or stopped?You say you deleted the entire 672 iwstore directory - was your 65 tar file the complete iwstore directory or just the default store within it?Are you sure the permissions on /iw-store are correct?I usually keep the 672 store and bring over the 65 store as a temporary second store and then do an iwmigrate between the two - I've done this for both Windows and Unix.
The tar copy of iw-home from 6.5 was made with the store frozen. That tar was brought over to the 6.7.2 box and put in the same directory as iw-home. I then brought down the 6.7.2 box completely, and deleted the iw-store directory. I un-tar'd the 6.5 tar which creatd the iw-store directory. I ran a chown and chomd on the iw-store as per the install guide to get iwts as the owner of all content. I verified this and also gave full permissions to iw-store. I then re-started the TS server. Once it was up and iwmnt was mounted I browsed through iwmnt and none of the content shows. It does have a default store, but no workareas or content.I guess I could try to bring over just "default" from iw-store in 6.5 and make it a secondary store for a test.