Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Preview issue
Icebreaker
Hi There,
I have a tpl that reads values from TextArea (VFE enabled) from DCR. I am not getting the output as I designed in the TextArea. I am getting values like 'Â '. I used 'pre' html tag, but I am not happy with output.
I used the following perl modules:
1. use HTML::Entities;
2. use Encode;
Its not working for me. Any clue?
Regards,
Jay
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Are users copying and pasting from MSWord into your text field? That will sometimes give strange characters.
Logicee
I noticed that these characters show up when copying content directly from either MS word or in some cases directly from a webpage. You can always have a find and replace script in the tpl to process the content and clear up your html.
Migrateduser
I would make your users fix it themselves (paste into notepad and copy out of it before pasting into the textarea for example) instead of creating a find and replace script that you will have to maintain that probably won't be able to capture every possibly bad character that a user pastes in.