Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy randomly crashing
Bryan_K
I tried to look to see if anyone else was having this problem but didnt see anything. We are running OD 5.5.1 SP2 with the patch to correct comparison deployments if a folder beings with an "_" underscore character. It is a Windows box. Our OD server is randomly crashing out. The service can easily be restarted through service manager and continues to work fine - until the next time it crashes. We do have a case with support open and they mentioned that others were having this problem. Anyone seen this? Anyone have a workaround or fix?
Bryan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
One workaround: Switch to Solaris.
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Bryan_K
I almost got excited when I saw a reply so quickly. I figured someone had the problem and was eager to respond...
That's what I get for thinking...
fuzzy
I am using solaris and it is OD5.5.1 and SP2 on ver 7 however when I use the admin tool and go to deployments then start deployment. and then click on simulate or start deployment and view log files the browser window closes it self (I.E 5.5 with SP2 also)
Migrateduser
Bryan,
There is apparently a memory leak in the JRE for Windows that ships with OpenDeploy 5.5.1. Not sure if this is the cause of your crashes, but the problem appears to be resolved as of JRE 1.3.1_05. (I think 1.3.1_06 is available for download from Sun.) You should be able to swap in the newer JRE as follows:
1. Stop the OD service
2. Under ODHOME, backup the jre directory to jre.org
3. Download the newer JRE from Sun and copy the jre directory to ODHOME
4. Copy iwdeploy.dll and libeay32.dll from ODHOME\jre.org\bin to ODHOME\jre\bin
5. Start the OD service
I believe Tech Support is working on a KB about this.
Another possible culprit is a problem that's resolved by patch 1264: The internal "completion queue" becomes too large if many unique deployments are run, such as can happen when using the "-inst" flag often.
Both of these issues (newer JRE and completion queue fix) are also resolved in the upcoming OpenDeploy 5.6 release.
Regards,
Todd Scallan
Senior Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
ProfessorX
Todd-
Any updates on this? Any KB articles or patches? I am having the same problem. OD fails WIN2K OD 5.5.1 SP2...nothing in the logs...nothing in the event viewer.
Swapping out the JRE sounds a little shaddy to me but if there is no updates on this issue than I might have to give it a go. Planning to update update to 5.6 in the very near future but we can't wait for that.
The Professor-
thrivent_greg
We started experiencing this same problem a couple weeks ago. I reported it to Interwoven and they gave me the same advice that Todd gives about updating the JRE (or go to 5.6). I haven't tried it yet though. What's really strange is OD was running virtually error free for 4 or 5 months prior. And the loads on OD when it started hanging weren't even close to some of the peaks we've had prior. And actually, we've now gone 4 days without it hanging. I can't make any sense out of it. When it starts happening regularly again, I'll probably swap the JRE out.
Migrateduser
I found the following on the support site pretty easily.
KB on JRE swap for OD 551: #49647
OD 551 patch for completion queue problem: 1294
Note that both of these issues are fixed in OD 5.6.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com