Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Who does servletd run as on Windows
dazzlad
Hello,
I should know this, basic stuff I know.
I've installed TeamSite 6.7 on Windows but when I click to view an HTML file in TeamSite I am asked to authenticate (by IIS integrated authentication).
As I remember it the servlet daemon proxies the request off to IIS. So who is the servlet daemon running as. Is it just a case of adding the appropriate user to the 'Web preview' group to stop these authentication popups.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Vips
Darren, couple of things.
1. Can you check if the TSIMP_ user has been added for the iw-mount in IIS under Directory Security tab?
2. The same user need to be added to "TeamSite Web Preview" OS group.
3. Has some one changed the OS password after installing the TS?
dazzlad
Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Checked points 1 and 2 and the anonymous user is set correctly and added to the web preview group.
What is the OS password?
Thanks.
dazzlad
All, in case you hit this problem.
My IIS application pool needed to be set to run as "Local system" rather than "Network service".
This isn't a recommended configuration but as this is a dev server running in a VM i'll let it slide.
As a result of looking into this I found the following resources that are really good for debugging IIS authorisation issues:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e90fe777-4a21-4066-bd22-b931f7572e9a&displaylang=en
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907273
mart2001
On my system, the Interwoven Servlet Engine is run as Local System.
If you are getting authentication issues when trying to preview html pages, you'll need to set up your IIS and the TSIMP_compname. You can delete the user and re-create the user. Then set that user for your iw-mount under IIS for anonymous access.