Hi all, My issue is that I have a nested workflow that I want to start automatically without having to press the Start Job button on the workflow tab. is that possible and if so how. Thanks
in general, if the workflow has all variables set then it will start automatically...
who is still using wft?
who is still using wft?Practically any Company that has Workflows created prior to TS 6.7.x
And, IMO, any company that wants to develop "real" workflows quickly - I still think that WFM looks good for demos, but slows a lot of things up when it comes to actual implementation of a fully developed design (including timeout handlers, error handlers, etc.)
there is a attribute called "immediate". Set that as "true" It will work if you don't have any configurable variables that need to be entered. Else you will get the field for adding these values.
Have you ever tried or it's your personal fantasy? In WFM "immediate" is the attribute of CGI Task (that is tue for WFT as well) and MetaData Tasks
Boris....how can I catch up to you if you keep posting? )
In WFM "immediate" is the attribute of CGI Task (that is true for WFT as well) and MetaData Tasks, not nested Workflow
Ok so I can't use this for nested workflows. Is there any other suggestions?
Go back to using a WFT, wftfile and background="t" Go back to using a WFT, use an externaltask and run iwwft_compile.iplUse an externaltask and try to use iwmodelc
Another one: Create a job spec as a string and execute it using:[size=2]CSWorkflowEngine.createWorkflow(String jobSpec);It won't be nested, but it works and you can embed whatever variables you want into your job spec.[/size]
Instantiate a nested workflow from an XML workflow job specificationParameters:workflowSpecification - A valid XML workflow job specificationparentTaskId - The ID of the parent task for this nested job Returns:id of the created workflow
non-static method createNestedWorkflow(java.lang.String,int) cannot be referenced from a static context.
CSWorkflowEngine engine = client.getWorkflowEngine();
public void execute(CSClient client, CSExternalTask task, Hashtable arg2) throws CSException { client.getWorkflowEngine(); // processing code goes here task.chooseTransition("Transition Name", "Transition Comment");}
I'm trying to follow the job spec example in this thread, but the nested workflow isn't starting automatically. I can manually start it and it runs fine, but it won't automatically start. Is there an additional step that I'm missing? I have created a WFM (using the workflow modeler) and it has a nested workflow in it. I have set up that nested task to use a job spec file with the following path: /opt/Interwoven/TeamSite/tmp/jobspecsample.xmlThe parent workflow just stops at the nested workflow step, and I have to manually tell it to start. Aren't nested workflows supposed to run automatically when using a job spec?
background="t"