Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
visual format crashing ie 6
nico
Anyone know why visual format would be crashing ie 6? If i take out the visual format code from the dct it works fine.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Fei
It's happening to us too, we applied the latest patch 2.6.0.7 and it's still crashing. Even searched Ektron site but no luck.
The dct loaded fine, but IE crashes when closing the form.
Same symptom when just loading the test page //server/iw/ewebeditpro20/test.htm
Bryan_K
Nico, did you try the patch that Fei was mentioning? It seems as though he is having a different problem. We were successful in fixing this problem with the patch Fei is describing, in KB article 49345.
LooseCannon
Does the DCT crash with other browsers? You might have too many VF instances open, if so you need to call the VF via a callout instead of an inline.
chunk
Are you running IE 6.0 SP1?
We've got some users on WinXP IE 6 without the SP1 and they work fine. Other users with WinXP IE 6 with SP1 are crashing.
I'm not sure if that's the issue, but it's the first thing we've noticed. And since you can only download IE 6 with SP1 now, it's not looking good for Visual Format.
AmyRush
We have also noted this concern also but only when using the close button in the DCT. Just closing the window (by clicking the red x instead) does not cause the same problem. Not good news, but it's an alternative.
Migrateduser
Nico,
I had the same problem here. I solved it by installing the patch from ektron. Just one detail, first I had to uninstall, from my machine, the ewebeditpro(visual format), I even checked in my registry for visualformat entries and removed it. Take a look at
http://www.ektron.com/support.cfm?doc_id=2270
When you install the patch from ektron you will have to copy some files to:
\iw-home\httpd\iw\ewebeditpro20\
\iw-home\httpd\iw\ewebeditpro20\clientinstall
Then you will have to rename an executable from ektron(something).exe to visualformatclient.exe.
I tested it in IE 6, IE 6 SP1, IE 6 SP2 (W2K) and I.E. 6 (XP).
All of them are working fine.
Give it a try.
Paulo Gouveia
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises
Information Tecnology