Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite Server not starting after TS6.7.2 SP2 install
brobertson
Hi,
I am having a problem on a clean install of TS6.7.2 Service Pack 2. This has been a clean install today with OD6.2.1 and TS6.7.2.0 installed and working. I then installed SP2 over the top and this caused two problems immediately.
1) Event Subsystem starting getting cannot find JDBC errors
This is because SP2 installs a new jar file for oracle. It removes classes12.zip and puts ojdbc14.jar into iw-home/eventsubsystem/lib. The problem is that it does not re-install the EventSubSystem service, so the classpath being passed to the service is wrong!
Solution:
cd
\install
..\iw-perl\bin\perl.exe install_eventsubd.ipl -u
..\iw-perl\bin\perl.exe install_eventsubd.ipl -i
2) TeamSite server is failing to restart without anything useful in either iwtrace.log or iwserver.log (the UI seems to be starting OK).
iwserver.log
---------------
ERROR: no valid submit config file found in the current configuration (C:\iwov\iw-home\local\config\submit.cfg, C:\iwov\iw-home\config\submit.cfg, C:\iwov\iw-home\local\config\submit.cfg) (2)
ERROR: no valid autoprivate file found in the current configuration (C:\iwov\iw-home\local\config\autoprivate.cfg, C:\iwov\iw-home\config\autoprivate.cfg, C:\iwov\iw-home\local\config\autoprivate.cfg) (2)
[Thu Nov 12 19:05:43 2009] ERROR: iwserver did not come up in 600 seconds
[Thu Nov 12 19:05:43 2009] ERROR: Please look at C:\iwov\iw-home\local\logs\iwtrace.log for more information
---------------
iwtrace.log
------------
TeamSite I18N initialization successful!
[Thu Nov 12 19:05:39 2009]
*** IWServer Locale is --> English_UnitedKingdom.MS1252@Binary
[Thu Nov 12 19:05:39 2009] Watch Event Thread started
[Thu Nov 12 19:05:39 2009] TeamSite Server Starting.
[Thu Nov 12 19:05:39 2009] iwserver: 6.7.2 Build 70033 Interwoven 20090621
[Thu Nov 12 19:05:39 2009] Network monitor is started.
[Thu Nov 12 19:05:39 2009] IW Global User = \iwguser
[Thu Nov 12 19:05:39 2009] IW Global Group = \iwglobal
-------------
System Details:
Windows 2003 SP2
TeamSite 6.7.2 SP2
Oracle 9i Databases
Any and all help appreciated!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mart2001
Hi,
There is a known bug on the TeamSite 672 SP2 where if you installed SP2,
the UI will not come up.
Reinstall the webapps by running:
iw-home/install/install_webapps.ipl
I wouldn't delete the content_center and event_subsystem if prompted for it. But do reinstall it.
brobertson
Thanks for swift response!
Unfortunately the UI is actually starting, but the main TeamSite service (that controls the Y: drive) is not.
mart2001
Is there anything in the events log for system and applications?
brobertson
Last entry in iwevents.log is this:
----------------------
[Thu Nov 12 18:00:41 2009] SYSTEM master ShutDown
----------------------
Which was when the SP2 installed shutdown teamsite as part of the install.
Apart from iwtrace.log and iwserver.log none of the other log files seem to be modified when I try to start TeamSite.
It would be useful if I could turn on some verbose logging in iwtrace to see what is stopping it - know if anything like that exists?
nipper
Not iwevents, but Windows Event Viewer
mart2001
What nipper said...
Go to control panel -> administrative tools -> computer management.
Under system tools, there should be event viewer.
Are there any errors under Application and/or System?
brobertson
Ahh yes Event Viewer, I aways forget about that one!
I have 3 Application entries, all which look pretty ugly, though I am wondering if I just need to try uninstalling and installing the service like I did with the Event SubSystem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Type: Information
Event Source: iwteamsite
Event Category: (2)
Event ID: 105
Date: 12/11/2009
Time: 21:53:11
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 105 ) in Source ( iwteamsite ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: iwteamsite.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 12/11/2009
Time: 21:53:17
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Faulting application iwserver.exe, version 6.7.2.0, faulting module iwserver.exe, version 6.7.2.0, fault address 0x007482a7.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Type: Information
Event Source: DrWatson
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4097
Date: 12/11/2009
Time: 21:53:19
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The application, C:\iwov\iw-home\bin\iwserver.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 11/12/2009 @ 21:53:18.212 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 00B482A7 (iwserver!TString:
perator=)
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
mart2001
What are the sizes of your iwteamsite.exe and iwserver.exe in iw-home/bin directory?
On one system where I have TeamSite 6.7.2 SP2 running,
iwteamsite.exe 2,433,024 bytes
iwserver.exe 11,022,336 bytes
Other files that might be important:
iwserver.map 14,829,953 bytes
iwserver.pdb 35,695,616 bytes
nipper
I am certain that is what support would tell you to do (have you filed a case?)
brobertson
mart2001 - All files are the same size.
nipper - yes I filed a case before I left the office this evening (in UK).
I suspect I will have the dubious pleasure of trying an uninstall and re-install of SP2 tomorrow morning.
Thanks for your help both of you! I'll post back here if I get the thing working
brobertson
OK it's working now. A colleague mentioned that I should try installing as the local Administator user rather than a Domain user with full admin right. In summary I did this and it worked.
Here are the steps I took, and a list of other problems that I found during this re-install:
1) Uninstall SP2
- unfortunately this didn't return TeamSite to a working condition
2) Uninstall TS672
3) Install TS672 using local Administrator account
- When it came to configuring the SitePublisher databases the steps in re-installation where this:
a) Installer detected that you are using "oracle", do you want to use "oracle" for SitePublisher?
b) Do you want to use the following values for development database?
- it seems that the installer remembered the old DB details from somewhere, so I hit Yes.
c) Do you want to use the following values for production database?
- Yes.
And that was it, it didn't ask for the directory with the oracle drivers or the driver files required. So when servletd tried to start I was getting ClassNotFound "oracle.jdbc.Driver".
Solution was to copy the driver jar into livesite_customer_src/lib and jdbcLibraries=ojdbc14.jar in livesite_customer_src/erc/conf/livesite_customer/database.properties, then run a livesite_customer_src/build.bat
Other than that ths TS672 install went fine.
4) Installed SP2 using local Administrator account
- As expected the Event sub system failed to start because service didn't have correct classpath (see first post in this thread)
- Then ran iw-home/install/install_webapps.bat as recommended
- Then attempted to run iw-home/install/livesite/install_scripts/iw_mount_install.bat as mentioned in the Install documentation. This failed because iw-home/install/livesite/install_scripts/post_install.bat had not had it's keywords replaced, it still had :
---------------------------------
if "%IW_HOME%" == "" set IW_HOME=$IW_TSHOME$
if "%IW_PRODUCT_DIR%" == "" set IW_PRODUCT_DIR=$IW_PRODUCT_DIR$
--------- Instead of -------------
if "%IW_HOME%" == "" set IW_HOME=C:\iwov\iw-home
if "%IW_PRODUCT_DIR%" == "" set IW_PRODUCT_DIR=C:\iwov\iw-home
---------------------------------
So replaced that and iw_mount_install.bat worked
- Then ran the iw-home/install/livesite/install_scripts/role_install.bat and iw-home/install/livesite/install_scripts/sitepub_component_install.bat (both of which use post_install.bat) and they work as well
And that was it, so far everything seems to be there and working.
cheers
mart2001
Cool...
Just remember, don't delete iwinstall directory or else you'll have trouble with installing/uninstalling and upgrading problems.
It probably remember your DB settings from that directory.