Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Moving from Oracle to SQL Server
jstephan
Hi,
I am using MediaBin 4.6.1 with Oracle 10i and have around 450 GB of assets in the MB Server. Now I need to switch the DB from ORACLE to SQL server.
Has anyone switched the DB from ORACLE to SQL SERVER? Does anybody know how to do the process and how long it takes? I need some help on the technical details about the switch.
Please advice.
Thanks
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jstephan
Interwoven suggest to use MEDIABIN SYNDICATION MANAGER and create another MB Server.
Anyone used MB Syndication Manager to manage two different DB with single repository? Any ideas please?
Thank you
John
msrinivas
AFAIK, there are a differences in the schema for Oracle and SQL wrt MediaBin. So there is nothing straightforward that's going to happen.
My suggestion for something like this would be to install a new MB server with SQL server (which does require a different license key). Then find 450GB of free space. Move over the assets via a custom script (in lieu of spending $$ on Syndication Manager) in a phased manner.
I have not tried this but you might be able to open up two separate windows on MB windows client and drag and drop assets from one server to another and still keep assets and metadata.
In case of the first option that I mentioned above (custom script) you might want to weigh the cost of license of Syndication Manager vs. dev cost for the script.
HTH