Is this a bug in Teamsite ? Or have I miss out something ? Apparently, when I try to use:Advanced Search > At Least One word / All words search / Exact PhraseReturn files from > Current Branch (Staging) or Across BranchesTeamsite returns no matches.But when choose to Return files from > Across Workarea. It did found the matches. Env: TS/SP version 7. Windows 2003 server SP2
Where were you when you performed the search?Where did it find the matches for the search?Do you have multiple workareas on your branch?
Hi Ghoti,1) I was in Branch (//Domain/default/main/test), click Search -> Return Files from Across Branches select (/default/main/test) = return no match2) I was in Branch (//Domain/default/main/test), click Search -> Return Files from Across Workareas select (/default/main/test/work) = Result matches3) I have only one workarea (/work) in my branch.
Were the files that were returned as matching in #2 submitted? Or were they new / modified files that only existed in the workarea?If the latter - that would probably explain it - a search at the branch level is probably only looking through staging and editions.If that's not the case - were the files just recently submitted? If so, then it may be a timing issue and you might be able to tweak it via one of the search configuration files.If that's not the case - is it easily repeatable? If so, open a support case.
Ghoti, they are new/modified files that only existed in the workarea.So, what you mean is that, a search at the branch level is probably only looking through staging and editions.I do understand Return files from > Current Branch (Staging) = no result, is acceptable. But Return files from > Across Branches, why is that only looking through staging and editions ? But not the files in workareas (as per Return files from > Across Workarea)