Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Solaris TeamSite and Active Directory - how?
System
Hi DevNetters -
We're currently on TeamSite 6.7.1, no SP, on Solaris 10.
We've been managing our TeamSite users for several years at the OS level. It used to be that we added the unix OS users and then grouped them into various OS groups.
With TeamSite 6.7+, we've been using the TeamSite groups instead of the OS groups (nice!), but still add the OS users to TeamSite manually.
We'd like to get to where we integrate with our corporate Active Directory to select users and then add them from there. I'm looking for some detailed information on how to make that happen.
I have a memory of trying this 3 or 4 years ago and coming to the conclusion that I could make TeamSite talk directory to LDAP, but not to Active Directory and that I would first have to configure the machine that TeamSite is installed on work with Active Directory, and then I could enable TeamSite to work with the machine's Active Directory interface.
I can't seem to find any documentation that validates my above assumptions.
Can any of you point me in the correct direction as to what steps are necessary to get TeamSite talking to Active Directory?
Many thanks,
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
I do not think that is supported, however AD does present itself as LDAP, so you can connect as if it were LDAP.
For simple password validation and stuff that works. I am doing it on Linux.
Do yourself a favor and get/write a perl script to connect Solaris to AD (mimicing LDAP) first and then try to config TS. Getting the DN and everything correct is not always easy. BTW, AD does not allow anonymous connections, so you need to have a AD login/passwd to validate login/passwd
jwl
Hi Walib
I am facing the same issue (for 6.7.2) - did you end up solving this problem?
Would love to hear of your solution.
Thanks
John