Hi All,We have a primary and secondary (DR) TeamSite server in production, where the secondary will be used as a backup only. Once in every 6 hrs, the content will be copied from primary to secondary. What is the best way of doing this? The content and EAs should get copied.Thanks very much,Sanal
The mechanism you choose to use for this depends on what you have available, but clearly OD should be a potential consideration.
Can OD deploy content between TS stores?
possible 0-downtime solutions:1) Modify your submit workflow to programmatically add the new content on your backup server using cssdk. Downside, you only have a backup of submitted data. Upside, your data is always uptodate, and not 6 hours behind.2) [I'm no hardware expert!!] Place iw-store on a mirrored, hot swappable harddrive setup. Every 6 hours take out one drive, en sync it with your backup server. (Oké, I do not recommend to do in such an unprofessional manner, but I believe HP has an automated backup mechanism that uses the idea I described above). Downside, pretty expense. Upside, using such a hyper expensive backup mechanism can revert your entire server, so not just TS, in about 5 minutes.(BTW, I've tried the unprofessional and manual harddrive swapping thing, and it worked like a charm.)But as Ghoti pointed out: everything depends on your requirements.
To add to this, what if I use any other copy tool like xcopy or robocopy? Will they copy the EAs also along with the content (my understanding is that EA is a TeamSite specific entity and can be copied only by a TeamSite copy tool like OD)?l