Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How Can we make components or templates not available to use for Some Branches?
prasad54
Hello All
I want to restrict some SP components or templates from not being used for Some branches. Lets say i have 2 branches like English and Spanish. I want to make some components or templates not availble to Spanish Branch.
I know that Whatever the components under Component Branch's Staging area or templates under template Branch's staging area will be mirrored when we try to create a new page in default store under Sites directory.
Is there any way to restrict some components not available for Spanish branch just like in Form Publisher we use templating.cfg file to make forms available or not?
i wonder if any configuration file is there in SP too.....
Any response will be greatly appreciated.....
Thanks in Advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RonaldV
Hi,
as far as I know this is not possible (and this, to me, is one of the biggest issues in SP).
Only trick to follow here is via authorization but this is not good enough if a user is allowed to access both branches.
IWOV, if you read this, please add this to the top-prios of SP-improvements? Please consult your colleagues from FormPub on how to restrict templates to a branch.
Ronald
prasad54
Thanks for your response Ronald.
I will definitely open a ticket on this.