Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to add metdata to an asset
tiru
Hi every one,
I am adding assets into mediabin by api's I need to set the metadata values to the asset, by parsing the xml.
How Do I set the metadata to an asset?
I tried to add metdata from the task,but I am not able to provide metdatavalues as RunTime Parameters...
Please help how the approach should be please share if there is any code to add metdata to an asset,I dont know the metadata ID's also.
Thanks in Advance,
Tiru.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
windy
what APi are you using?
I have used the scriptmodel api (using vb) in the past and have used the ReviseMetaData method to add metadata to an asset.
Dig through the Api reference for more information.
CMSILuser
Hi tiru,
I am wondering if you are successful in uploading the images and setting the metadata by reading them from an external file. Can you please share what you did and provide some guidelines on this, if you were successful in doing this.
Thanks,
~R
lyman
Choosing your scripting language the script would be responsible for opening an external file and calling ReviseMetaData. If you are agnostic we try to nudge people towards the web services API as that is the most future-proof.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
tiru
Hi All,
Thanks for ur information.
I am using webservice API's and now I am able to set metadata values in two ways.
1. passing the metadata values to a task and set them in Runtime.
2. Get the metadata-Id Hard-code it inthe code and set the value for it(not good approach).
My question here is , Is there any way to set the metadata Key also from the API's.
Regards,
Tiru.