Hi Guys,I'm trying to migrate a branch from Store A (CB) to Store B (default) on the same TS environment. ...2. sudo /Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwmigrate -x -x -x -b /lcms-ts/iwmnt/CB/main/CodeBranch/ -o /lcms-ts/iw-store/default/ -f -t 5
sudo /Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwmigrate -g -b /CB/main/CodeBranch -o /lcms-ts/iw-store/default -d
The argument for -b should be a vpath not a file system path - try: sudo /Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwmigrate -g -b /CB/main/CodeBranch -o /lcms-ts/iw-store/default -d
I recommend using the -g flag to get rid of the annoying prompt to start after you've issued the command (it's not really documented, but it was intended for use with a graphical user interface)
-g
I recommend using the -d flag to avoid recursing through sub-branches as part of the migration process. I prefer to handle each branch separately as it's easier to figure out where things succeed / fail, etc.
-d
I have never used the -f or -t flags so I can't really comment on those
-f
-t
I don't recall the use of the -x flag to be significantly helpful, but I've done this kind of thing a fair number of times
-x
IIs it safe to assume that your backing store is on a separate server (NAS/SAN)? If so - you will probably have to reboot your TeamSite server to fix the "Stale NFS file handle" issue.
Thanks for the reply. I got the above thing but the problem is now everytime I execute the above command for this specific branch it gives me the below result. And I'm not aware of the command toget rid of this thing and start over again.
Thanks for the reply. I got the above thing but the problem is now everytime I execute the above command for this specific branch it gives me the below result. And I'm not aware of the command toget rid of this thing and start over again. iwmigrate: 6.7.2 Build 70082 Interwoven ******************************************************************************************************************************Before running this command, please ensure that:1) You have obtained the latest version of iwmigrate from support.interwoven.com.******************************************************************************************************************************Command line: /Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwmigrate -g -b /CB/main/CodeBranch -o /lcms-ts/iw-store/default -d [Thu Jun 17 01:47:01 2010] iwmigrate has detected that the last run was aborted.[Thu Jun 17 01:47:01 2010] Please issue the following command "iwmigrate -o /lcms-ts/iw-store/default" to restart
There is a file that lives within the backing store. I can't remember if it's the source or target store - so you'll have to check both - but basically you're looking for something like either: /lcms-ts/iw-store/default/iwmigrate.restart/lcms-ts/iw-store/CB/iwmigrate.restartFind and remove that file - then try running the iwmigrate command again.Assuming is a dangerous thing sometimes - if the command is expecting a vpath - give it a vpath, not a file system path.I can't say I fully understand the documentation on this part, but it clearly says that '-f' does not preserve history - and thus I've never tried using it.Good luck
Once you start, you have to finish the migration or clean up first. You can remove everything in the destination store and then remove the IWMIGRATE.RUNNING file (or something like that) from the original store. The default is to continue the migration from the point it stopped. Which is fine if you were low on disk and added disk or a scenario like that. But for a migrate that never really started, you need to clean up and try again.