Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OS vs non-OS users
nipper
OK, I understand the OS vs non-OS users on Teamsite with LDAP on Unix.
However what does that mean in Unix terms ? I have an LDAP config and can add users as non-OS but if I try OS they fail.
So I assume LDAP is in non-OS mode, but how do I explain that to the LDAP geek ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
If you have users in the passwd file on the server, or you use PAM authentication, those are considered OS users to TS. If you configure users via LDAP using the user_databases file, that is considered Non-OS to TS. You probably know that, but I don't understand the issue. Why is your LDAP guy being difficult?
HeMan10
Does it mean that, with PAM in picture, presentation templates wont have to be rewritten in XSLT? (Per documentation, for non-os users perl based tpls wont work anymore)
Not sure if it matters, we are on solaris with TS 7.1.
Thanks,
-H