<script cmd="C:\Windows\System32\cmd -c \Interwoven\livesiteRestart.bat" />
Thanks.Getting closer, I just had to change one small parameter from your example.Instead of "-c" I had to change it to "/c"This allows the command to fire successfully on the server if I test it via the run prompt. However, the OD job still doesn't seem to be firing off the bat. I was thinking it could be a permissions problem, but I am not seeing any "ACCESS DENIED" entries when monitoring with Procmon.On a windows server, in what user context is the job being run? The opendeploy service itself runs as Local System and the system account has access to the bat file.Any other tips/pointers/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have all required components on the Target Server(s)?Have you tested DNR Command execution from the Target command prompt?If you did and it still does not work in OD session you would have to analyze Base and especially Target OD micro logs to see what exactly is going on
The bat file is just a simple net stop/start of the Livesite Service
What is the "Log On As" Attribute of OD Receiver Service? Is it "Local System Account"?If not, does the Account have rights to perform "net stop/start"? As far as I recall an Accountmust be a member of the local or Domain Administrators group or it must have delegated authority.
<script cmd="C:\Windows\System32\cmd /c \Interwoven\livesiteRestart.bat" />
<script cmd='C:\Windows\System32\cmd /c "\Interwoven\livesiteRestart.bat"'/>
Yes, the open deploy service is running as the local system account.
It might be a quoting thing. Try changing: <script cmd="C:\Windows\System32\cmd /c \Interwoven\livesiteRestart.bat" /> to: <script cmd='C:\Windows\System32\cmd /c "\Interwoven\livesiteRestart.bat"'/>
No joy on the quote change.
Your OD Configuration is incorrect. "deployNRun" must be a sub-tag of execDeploymentTask.
[html]Your OD Configuration is incorrect. "deployNRun" must be a sub-tag of execDeploymentTask.So, instead of this <script cmd="D:\\Interwoven\\livesiteRestart.bat" />try <script cmd="D:\\Interwoven\\livesiteRestart.bat" />[/html]
These lines lead me to believe that OD thinks my DNR script is executing. Or am I mis-interpreting the log? Again....my test file DOES deploy but the script never executes and does an IIS restart.------------ENG: 2011-07-27 15:38:06 CDT GMT-05:00 Waiting for 1 children to complete phasesENG: 2011-07-27 15:38:18 CDT GMT-05:00 No of children = 1, failed = 0ENG: 2011-07-27 15:38:18 CDT GMT-05:00 All 1 children completed their phases