These when set to false will disable all setgid behavior and disable the gid to be set on a file which is renamed. this part is clear. I want some thing which is exactly opposite of this. I want the gid to be set when a new file is created according to the workarea in which the file is created. By default it is taking the username as gid. Is there a iw.cfg change which i have to make to enable this? Env is Linux TS 6.7.2Thank You
Did you try doing a chmod g+s directory on the directory within the workarea (and at the workarea-root)?
This works fine Adam. But the user id is not getting set when someone makes a change using CCPro. It is defaulted to root and when some one makes a change to a file and saves it, it still shows Modified by as root (Not the UserID).Thanks
That's a umask issue - you would have to change the umask associated with the accounts (either the individual user or the user who owns the iwserver process)
Thank You Adam, it works to most extent. Its like i am almost there. I did umask and i have the setid in tact, I get the permissions right and group right. the only thing which is of minor concern is that the owner of that file is always me from the command prompt, though it is some one else in CCpro. I guess the ownership of a file will not be carried over while using g+s.Thank You