Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 7.2 | Dependency Task in PLC
dolly1
All,
I have a question in dependency task in PLC. As per 7.2 dependency framework it should deploy the assets as well which are browsed but I am noticing the following behaviour.
1. I created a DCR.
2. I browsed some assets (images) in the DCR.
3. I checked using Actions-> Find related files and the DCR shows the image file as the related file.
4. When I deploy this DCR using PLC the dependency task says in logs: no dependencies found.
Why is that?
5. I checked the Spring configuration of the dependency task and found that there are 4 dependency processors (Assets, Generated HTMLs etc). When deploying a DCR which has the browsed image the AssetDependencyProcessor is not even called.
Please let me know what I am missing here.
TS 7.2
LS 7.2
Linux ENV
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dolly1
Is there anyone who can help me out here?
I have gone through other posts and feel that people do have knowledge as multiple people replied to other posts with meaningful comments to tell how it works but unfortunately those posts were not answering my question.
dobrien
Unexpected, I'd suggest a support case.
dobrien
BTW, did you run the dependency migration tool as required in install doc? Without it, the associations may not have been created higher up in the dependency tree, e.g. from the .site to the start page. Hence if you deploy the .site file, you'd get no dependencies found.
dolly1
Thanks for the reply. Everything works fine for a .page file.
It does identify all dependencies - all CSS, JS, .dcrs which are used.
But when I deploy .dcr, .xml then no dependencies are identified.
mpal
Hey...I do have the same issue.
dobrien
You have to manually run the iw_migrate_dependencies.ipl script for each DCR-containing workarea with the DCR option to get the dependencies. Per the Install documentation. Its run manually because you can surely determine a much smaller subset of workareas that "matter" rather than the system (slowly) trying to migrate all workareas.