Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
development server licensing
fobfobfob
I needed to get a development TeamSite server for testing. I do not need this server anymore, and I am not renewing it.
Our rep is saying this:
"If your Company does not renew prior to the expiration date, and should choose to renew at a future date, in addition to the annual fee, a reinstatement fee equal to 50% of the annual maintenance fee along with all back maintenance fees will be imposed."
Is this a normal clause in software licensing? If I don't need the license for 2 years, but need it year 3, I am retroactively charged back for 2 years that I never used the license, and I am surcharged on top of that? This doesn't sound like it makes Wildly Happy Customers
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
That is not uncommon. Rather brutal.
You should read the contract you signed when you purchased. Those terms may have been added by Autonomy, so your terms may be different.
How can you go without a Dev server ?
EvenPageTest.rptdesign
fobfobfob
How can you go without a Dev server ?
I say, "I need money for a development server."
My boss says, "No."
Then I have to go without a dev server!