This is a long running issue most of which I have resolved, but a little bit remains.
I have 5 data types data type 1 to 5 which have one tpl each.
I have an extra tpl - navigation.tpl which sets up navigaion for the output files for the 5 data types: it is also included int the tpls for the 5 data types . I have a dcr in which the user enters the name of the dcrs(for the 5 data types) that will be used as links in the navigation. The output files have the same name as the dcrs.
The snipper of the navigation.tpl is below
This loads the navigation dcr
[PHP]
[/PHP]
This uses defines the entry for dcr1 in the navigation dcr
[PHP]
<br>my $dcrpath = "Y:/default/main/Home/eCommerce/technical/WOR KAREA/content/templatedata/documents/data-type1/data/";<br><br><br>my $dcr1 = iwpt_dcr_value('n.root.content.dcr1');<br><br>my $dcrname = $dcrpath . $dcr1;<br><br><iwpt_load_dcr var='a` file_val=`$dcrname` global=`t`/>;<br><br>
[/PHP]
I am attemting to use the id from the dcr1 dcr loaded above here....
[PHP]
[/PHP]
Right now - I get a value for $techprimer, but I do not get a value for id. perhaps I am using the variable $dcrname wrongly.
I changed slashes in the path below, because I was getting errors with the original statment of the path.
[PHP]
"Y:/default/main/Home/eCommerce/technical/WOR KAREA/content/templatedata/documents/data-type1/data/";
[/PHP]
Thanks for tips etc.