Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Setting Web Root in Editions
beeeng
Anyone has any idea how to set Web Root in Editions. I am currently having problems Previewing Pages of previous version. I am attempting to preview pages running on ASP.NET 2.0 which requires web root to be set.
Error when previewing previous version:
Configuration Error
It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.
TS65
Windows
ASP.NET
Thanks in advance,
Beeeng.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RonaldV
This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.
There is your hint. Go into your iis-config and create a application for your edition. You need to know about iis here, it is not an teamsite issue.
beeeng
I was unable to create an application for my editions.
E.g.
Source File: Y:\default\main\internet\edition\#61\web.config
However, there is no physical folder for #61 in the IIS.
Please advice. Thanks in advance.
RonaldV
Correct, you will have to create an edition via the ts webgui first.
beeeng
Sorry for the late reply.
Editions are automatically created whenever i do a submission of the files.
Kindda lost here as how i'm suppose to create the editions via the ts webgui. Please advice. Thanks.
RonaldV
take training? read a manual?
beeeng
Seems like i've not been reading the correct documentation den. No one seems to have this kind of issues.
RonaldV
ts_671sp1_CCpro_ug_v01_en.pdf; page 170
beeeng
Hi Ronald, thanks for the reference. I have no problems with the creation of Editions. The problem lies with the multiple editions that were created after the submission of files. Sorry i wasn't clear with my statements.
Here's the scenario.
I created an edition as suggested and submitted a file. I was able to preview this file under "Version" As
http://****/iw-mount/default/main/Internet/EDITION/ed_0001/Home/index.aspx
However, the next time i submit the same file, the Latest Version became
http://****/iw/cci/meta/injection/iw-mount/default/main/Internet/EDITION/%2374/Home/index.aspx
causing the initial error indicated.
Thus, i was wondering if it's possible to make %2374 an application root in IIS. Note, "%2374" varies with every file submission.
Manually creating the edition does not solve the problem completely. Was looking @ any permanet solutions; perhaps remapping ?
RonaldV
Ah, now I understand.
Well, you are correct. That is pretty much impossible. The #{id} edition-name changes with every submit and you would need to set up a trigger that would fire on every submit and that would create a app-environment in IIS. Not very easy.
However, your best workaround would be to use 'STAGING' for this purpose. It contain all submitted content (in the latest submitted version). It's location or name does not change and thus you can create a (permanent) IIS-application for it. From what I understand from your posts this would be just what you need.
Let me know if you need more input.