Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Perticular Version of file corrupted
KTReddy
Hi,
We have TS 6.7.2.SP2 on Unix 9.
Hope some one come across thru this situation and have possible solution for us. We run iwfsck every weekend to find any issues. Last few weeks we see some errors and 9 out of 10 errors are from DCRs created from one template.
For ex. if we have 9 versions of a file and 7 th version got corrupted.
When I click on Version7, I get the following Error.
unable_to_read_dcr - //aadalapp36/default/main/PARENT_BRANCH/BRANCH/EDITION/#105434/templatedata/CATEGORY/standardLayout/data/en_US/FILE_NAME
So, I tried to validate the DCR.
First checked the size of the DCR, I see some size. Then tried to view and it says ' zero chars and empty'.
Then iwxml_validate.xml -d 1|2|3 filepath(as mentioned above) and get "E/O Error".
So, that version got corrupted and I would like to find a way to delete the corrupted version (i.e., Version7). Is there any efficient way of handling this.
IW support engineer said delete entire EDITION where you see corrupted version. OR do iwmigrate for that branch. We did iwmigrate 6months back. before migration we had some Errors from iwfsckoutout and after that NO errors. again started recently.
Any valuable suggestions are appreciated.
Thansk and Regards
Thiru
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Any issue you have with the backing store should be worked out with Support. Any advice you get here regarding backing store issues (including mine) is generally guess work and not something you'd want to rely heavily on without having a complete and reliable backup to restore to - since the backing store is basically where the $$'s come into play with the product.
That being said, the advice you got from Support sounds basically valid. In order to delete a specific version of a specific file, you need to delete ALL editions that reference that specific version of that specific file (and make sure no workareas nor staging refer to it either). However, that obviously means that you will no longer have those editions available for ANY files, and that you might also be deleting specific versions of OTHER files that happened to only exist within the editions you deleted.
You might want to spend a fair amount of time with Support trying to figure out WHY the store got corrupted - twice. It could have something to do with your architecture and/or administrative procedures (backups, anti-virus software, etc.)
KTReddy
Thanks for your detailed email. I really appreciate that. It's nice of you that you spend ur valuable time and efforts to read and respond for many messages.
I am working with IW support.
Best regards
Thiru