Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 7.2.1, Svr 2008, Admin Console
System
Trying to change permissions, groups, etc using Admin Console\User Management\Edit. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Been working with Support but no luck. I would include the ticket stream but it's useless.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Autonomy Support stream:
*** | Jan 21, 2011 @ 08:35:53 PST | ***
When in Admin Console\User Management of TS 7.2.1 and trying edit users receive "Failed to edit user." error.
================================================================================================
*** | Jan 21, 2011 @ 12:24:13 PST | ***
Screenshot of error uploaded
File Uploaded With Case: Error_pic.docx
File: Error_pic.docx
================================================================================================
*** | Jan 24, 2011 @ 08:39:45 PST | ***
Kevin, provide me following information:
* This is an upgrade from previous TS version or new installation?
* Are you able to acess the other options?
* Is this is happening with all the user?
* Replicate the issue and send me these logs with timestamp
content_center.log,iwtrace.log,iwaccess.log.
Thanks,
================================================================================================
*** | Jan 31, 2011 @ 06:35:34 PST | ***
Can you please update?
================================================================================================
*** | Jan 31, 2011 @ 07:42:42 PST | ***
New install but prted over content.
Able to access other options.
Yes.
Will send logs ASAP
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 01, 2011 @ 14:01:06 PST | ***
Content_center.log and iwtrace.log attached. Cannot locate iwaccess.log
File Uploaded With Case: content_center.log
File: content_center.log
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 01, 2011 @ 14:01:47 PST | ***
Attachment
File Uploaded With Case: iwtrace.log
File: iwtrace.log
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 01, 2011 @ 14:03:23 PST | ***
Content_center.log timestamp 2/1/11 3:40, iwtrace.log 1/21/11 1:42
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 01, 2011 @ 14:10:40 PST | ***
Found access.log - is that what you need?
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 02, 2011 @ 08:43:01 PST | ***
See anything in the logs?
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 07, 2011 @ 11:05:40 PST | ***
Kevin, any update?
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 10, 2011 @ 11:26:23 PST | ***
From my side? No. I attached the logs for you to see
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 10, 2011 @ 11:48:03 PST | ***
Kevin, i am looking to have a live meeting session with you. Let me know the convenient time for the same.
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 11, 2011 @ 09:25:43 PST | ***
This afternoon would be okay by me. Any time between 1 and 5 CST
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 11, 2011 @ 09:46:16 PST | ***
What are the config files associated with user/role configs? They used to be: C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\conf\roles - editor.uid, admin.uid, etc. These files and the interface differ.
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 11, 2011 @ 11:28:10 PST | ***
Kevin, let do the live meeting at 3:00 CST.
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 11, 2011 @ 11:30:28 PST | ***
Okay.
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 14, 2011 @ 10:32:28 PST | ***
Requested log files attached
File Uploaded With Case: For_Support.zip
File: For_Support.zip
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 15, 2011 @ 08:25:21 PST | ***
Anything new?
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 21, 2011 @ 11:26:29 PST | ***
?
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 22, 2011 @ 15:30:12 PST | ***
Kevin, i haven't found any clue in the logs. I am discussing this internally to decide the next step.
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 23, 2011 @ 07:19:08 PST | ***
Okay - thanks
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 23, 2011 @ 11:10:42 PST | ***
Please do send us the below log file as well.
please replicate once again and send us the below log
content_center.log
server.log
admin.log
Thanks.
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 23, 2011 @ 12:40:46 PST | ***
Deleted user, rebooted server, added user. Got an error. See ErrorPic2
File Uploaded With Case: ErrorPic2.docx
File: ErrorPic2.docx
================================================================================================
*** | Feb 23, 2011 @ 12:43:12 PST | ***
Requested logs attached
File Uploaded With Case: Logs.zip
File: Logs.zip
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 03, 2011 @ 14:39:29 PST | ***
Anything new on this case?
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 08, 2011 @ 10:14:19 PST | ***
What is your answer? What is your suggestion? Anything?
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 08, 2011 @ 10:15:37 PST | ***
Hi Kevin,
I got this case now from my colleague and i will respond you by EOD today.
Thanks,
Santhi
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 08, 2011 @ 16:08:24 PST | ***
Hi Kevin,
I tried calling you later in the day today but could not reach you.
I see from the logs that TS is trying to contact OpenDeploy when edit user command is executed. I would like to try the below steps and let me know how it goes.
1. Stop OD admin service if you have and the try to edit user.
2. Restart OD service and OD Admin services, then try editing a user.
3. If the above did not help, make sure you have "EditUserController" debug enabled in admin base loggers. You can go to
http://localhost/iw-core/action/loggers
and search for EditUserController
4. Send me the admin.log again.
Thanks,
Santhi
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 09, 2011 @ 08:33:21 PST | ***
Same result: Failed to Edit User. Enabled EditUserController and tried again. Admin log
attached
File Uploaded With Case: admin3-9-11.log
File: admin3-9-11.log
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 09, 2011 @ 11:16:24 PST | ***
Hi Kevin,
I did verify the log and could not find any useful information.
Probably we need to enable debug mode for all the classes to see where exactly the error is thrown.
So, please enable debug for all
com.interwoven.ui.admin.usermgmt.users.action.*
com.interwoven.ui.admin.usermgmt.roles.action.*
Also, it would be better if you can clear the admin.log and content_center.log so that it will easier for us to isolate. Not compulsory but if possible to clear that would be helpful.
Please do only admin operations.. start with the below things.
1. Edit an existing user
2. Add a new user
3. Remove a user
PS: Make sure once you perform the operations on the admin UI, go to the loggers again and disable the debug mode. Else it will start accumulating the log file and logs will grow big.
Thanks,
Santhi
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 09, 2011 @ 12:21:54 PST | ***
Working on it...
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 09, 2011 @ 12:37:10 PST | ***
Cleared log, enabled debugs. Log attached
File Uploaded With Case: admin.log
File: admin.log
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 10, 2011 @ 07:26:55 PST | ***
Which folder was it that you wanted renamed?
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 10, 2011 @ 09:20:07 PST | ***
Hi Kevin,
It is "entities" folder from C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local.
Removing the user from the entity database will mean they then get re-created cleanly.. However, deleting them from the DB will remove the user’s preferences, such as favorites - if they haven’t been lost already or course.
1. Rename that folder from the above location to entities.original(or any name) and then restart TS.
2. Check the behavior by editing user.
3. If the problem still exists, then go back to the C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local location again and rename the newly created entities DB to entities.newdb.
4. Now, rename back the "entities.original" to "entities" folder.
5. This should get the favorites back.
Also, let me know where the users are from? OS or LDAP?
Thanks,
Santhi
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 17, 2011 @ 06:26:49 PDT | ***
Can you please update?
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 17, 2011 @ 12:31:55 PDT | ***
Renamed folder. Tried to add user. It said "Failed" but user was added with all previous
groups and permissions. Not a 'clean' add. Renamed entities folders.
We are using OS. Also, I am trying to add a user that is not in our domain. I added to
tsusers and tsgroups, restarted server and user was not added. Cannot add thru admin UI.
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 22, 2011 @ 06:42:32 PDT | ***
?
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 22, 2011 @ 11:21:08 PDT | ***
Hi Kevin,
Could you please let me know the browser version you are using? And if possible can you try in a different browser like Mozilla FireFox and let me know if you see same popup error.
Thanks,
Santhi
================================================================================================
*** | Mar 28, 2011 @ 10:13:33 PDT | ***
IE 8 is what I usually use. Tried with Firefox - same popup error.
================================================================================================
*** | Apr 01, 2011 @ 06:55:01 PDT | ***
Any thoughts?
================================================================================================
*** | Apr 06, 2011 @ 12:08:16 PDT | ***
Please escalate this case.
================================================================================================
*** | Apr 06, 2011 @ 12:39:46 PDT | ***
Hi Kevin,
I did escalated this case internally and our engineering is working on this with priority. Will keep you posted.
Thanks,
Santhi
================================================================================================
*** | Apr 12, 2011 @ 14:42:30 PDT | ***
Santhi - Anything new from your engineers?
Crsb
try doing the same with different or new username and see if you get the same error.
abyrd
I just resolved this issue in one of our environments. For us, it ended up being the result of a 'corrupted' role. There was a custom role assigned to the iwEveryone group with no branch assignment (it existed prior to the upgrade to 7.2.1 and was no longer being used). There seems to be a check in the code for the user's roles and branch assignments when you try to edit the user as the empty branch assignment was throwing a null pointer exception in the code (apparently, there is no check for a null pointer when checking the branch).
The fix was to remove the role from the iwEveryone group, but I could only successfully do that from the command line with the iwaccess clt as follows:
iwaccess remove-permission-entry // -group iwEveryone -role reviewer
Hope this helps you. Once I ran this command, I could edit all of the users that previously had issues.
Migrateduser
Thanks very much abyrd. I've tried the command from C:\Users\eureka (which is how I am logged on to the server and is the admin account). Returns: ERROR:00013: Permission denied. I've tried from every user account there is ini the \User dir. I also tried from C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\bin - where the iwaccess.exe is located. Same results - Permission denied.
Any thoughts on this one?
Migrateduser
Should I be shutting down services before trying?
sridhar1
Kevin, I have same issue with our 7.1 installation on solaris10 server. I have case open with support. Were you able to get pass this hurdle? I appreciate your help.
abyrd
You are logged in as an Administrator on the server and still get a Permission denied error? I just tested this on a Windows server I have access to and it works fine when I'm logged in as an Administrator.
TeamSite services should be running when you run this command.
Migrateduser
Yep. I've tried using every account on that box. Same results.
abyrd
If you look at the properties of the executable and check the security settings, are all permissions set to Allow for the user?
Also, I assume you are trying to run this command via the command prompt, correct? Can you post exactly what you have typed into the command prompt for me?
Bowker
We had a TON of permissions errors after installing ts 7.2.1 on MS 2008 64 bit. One tool that helped with all the issues was "procmon". Process monitor tracks everything going on at the OS level. You can filter out everything except file accesses and if necessary filter out successful accesses.
The one thing it didn't help with was trying to spin off an external workflow task. (I don't remember how we figured that issue out.)
samplereport.rptdesign