I am getting this message as well for an established user. She has recently started maintaining files in an established workarea that she did not previously maintain. The thing is, it's not every file, only files in a specific directory (and all subdirectories). I have checked every permissions issue I can think of. I have even gone so far as to explicitly give her full access permissions on the workarea in question (we use AD groups to provide access normally). No matter what I try, when she tries to generate a page from a DCT or regenerate a page in this one directory she gets the "An error occurred during PT compiling. Please see more details in log files." message. I have checked all the log files and there doesn't seem to be any more details about this in any of them. Is there some hidden log file somewhere that would have PT compiling details? We're to the point where I have to regenerate the pages for her, but long term that is not going to work.I am going to have her create a new folder and try to generate the pages she's having troubles with into it. I guess if that works then she can delete the original folder that is giving her problems and just rebuild it by generating all the pages that were in it. I'd sure like to know why this one directory is giving us fits, though.
Er.... Remember how I said I checked the permissions all the way down to the presentation templates? I lied. I had only checked as far as the /presentation folder. When I checked the actual .tpl files, there were no permissions. As soon as I inherited permissions and applied it she was able to generate just fine. I shall now go back into hiding. Thanks for talking this through with me - sorry to waste your time on something I should have caught from the beginning.